Sunday, October 16, 2011

Eat, Pray and love

For some reason, we Indians will never understand what causes divorce in the west.In this movie, i missed the first few minutes, but from what I saw I could not understand what caused a divorce for Liz. The rest of the movie was a good watch, sometimes intriguing but not really intellectual.
I never knew that Bali is a place where she will find love, I was expecting her to goto Paris. Anyways, it is a nice afternoon watch on a lazy Sunday. Julia Roberts as usual is pretty although she looks a little old especially in Saree.
For one thing, the picture these hollywood movies paint about India is so misleading. For people who had never spoken to an Indian or never saw India would think this is a stinking place, with only poverty and if I were they I would think how could it be the home of spirituality? Such a misleading picture of India for audience.
Oh well!!! I almost forgot what drove me to blog about the movie - the new word - Muffin top. I learnt it from movie, liked the analogy and how it is used in movie.
All said and done, I liked the Italy part of the movie. Happy watching.


2 comments:

  1. :) I'm yet to watch this one...I watched 'Eat Drink Man Woman' few days ago though:)) and thought about telling you to watch it if possible. You will like the passion with which the food is cooked. It is slow in some parts but touching and funny mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hardly do any cooking these days i only watch :)

    ReplyDelete