Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cost of Mama's handmade breakfast

Sometimes I am just too lazy to get up and go to office. Can't blame me, have been doing this for close to 10 years now. All these years I travel minimum of 30kms to get started with work. cant blame again , tried multiple ways of getting home close to office, the only ways are getting office close to home or stop working. For now, I continue to bank for opportunities on option one.

Anyways , one such lazy morning, I missed my cab to office. I rather took my time that day, I had a sumptuous hot breakfast of plain parantha with a variety of sides - banana crush(:-)), curry leave chutney powder, curd . Finally, had a full glass of hot without chicory coffee, and got geared for my journey towards office. I usually have to take 3 buses - 6 , 15, 15 km break up each - when I miss the cab.

This day I took an auto for the first hop - nowadays almost everybody thinks money gets dropped from trees for guys with laptop on their back. Crazy. The auto guy said Rs 60 , no meter. It would have cost me Rs 50 with , so I said fine got in.

At the next hop I waited for 30 mins to see if I had a luck with new direct bus which would avoid another hop. But god had different plans, I took the usual red bus. Another 35Rs , but this is normal, I never repent paying this money, it feels worth.

So finally the last and worst hop - tin factory it is called. You say the name to any Bangalorean, he knows its bad. Its so famous. I waited for another 30 min, for some reason Sun was very happy this day, all bright and scorching. No luck, not a single bus, usually I get one in like 10 min. Finally I said to myself, what the heck , lets take an auto. The auto guys brain in action again, said, no meter , 120Rs. It was too late by now and I was tired and just wanted to get out of the place, so I said fine. I spent 215 Rs to reach office.

Lets see what were my other options
1) nothing by cab , but no home made breakfast, got to really hurry
2) Start little earlier, hurry up , and catch buses - 3 buses
Well I don't repent a single bit it was just the price of a peaceful tasty breakfast watching some scene from one of the good English movies. For those of you who have watched Friends enough , Whats not to like in (Joey style) - breakfast good, peace gooooooood, movie gooooooooooooooood

.

2 comments: