Thursday, September 1, 2011

Book Review : One flew over a cuckoo's nest

Well, I took quite a bit of time to read this fiction. Ken Kesey's amazing creation. The book is refreshing , not just in terms of the new kind of story, but the narration and the language. It is sarcastic at times. I would sometimes laugh myself sitting in the cab reading some chapters. It has all of it - plot, story, jokes, philosophical views of author, reality of the society. Its one book apart from The Fountainhead which I would not mind reading again. Basically it revolves around the fact that how society sidelines some of the human beings and constantly makes them realize their deficiencies(Deficiencies in the eyes of society). If you ever felt you are an odd man out in a group and the group is constantly telling you that, thats what this book is about. But here the group is the whole system, the society, the families - knowingly or unknowingly. Good read I must say.....

No comments:

Post a Comment