Monday, May 16, 2011

Hard Luck?



Just yesterday, the petrol prices went up by another five rupees make it a good seventy one rupees now for a liter.

When I pick some of the situations in my life, I feel is this hard luck ?"why me God !!!!!" .
Right when I started working in electronic city, we shifted our house to the other end of the city. So I started travelling all the way about 35 kms for work. But this was fine, because it was our home, sweet and calm with least pollution and noise. Then they started building the silk board fly over and being the first generation fly overs and with worst planning, I was sitting in a bus for close to 3 hours sometimes in traffic jams.
Fine.....
Then I moved on to Whitefield , the other major IT hub, now this time everything looked good. Nice comfortable cabs, 2.5 hours reduced to 1hr commute.
Voila!!!They started a series of underpasses, metro rail road and fly over constructions all through my way to office on the ORR. Now it is back to 1.5 hours :( .Can you say hard luck?

Not yet
Then I decided to buy a car. when I decided and bought it, Petrol was 50 rupees and Diesel was 42 Rupees, not too much of the difference. Since I did not plan to commute by car to office and it was to be used for travel with family and to places there is no bus or train facility, I decided to go for a petrol car. Its going to be 11 months now since I bought, petrol prices have risen 4 times and now the price is 71 rupees while diesel remains at 45.
Hard Luck.... Well may be one can choose to think that way.

But it will be lot more easier and happier if I think, all the fly over constructions are indications of how important infrastructure improvements have become. By the way the best part is that during those traffic jams, me and my friend used to spend so much time together, I got one of my best friends for life :-).
Well talking of petrol, its deemed to increase sooner or later, in another ten years, we will have to think of a electric car or a hybrid car. As long as I can afford it I will use it, once it becomes ridiculous to travel by a petrol car, I will start thinking what to do... ofcourse it isn't easy to sell things you love :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment