Monday, January 10, 2011

Meaning of life

So I am reading a serious but a very meaningful book from Viktor Frankl about Man's search for meaning in life.
I chose to buy and then read it because this book addresses something which is like a eternal question for me. I am still reading it , but it is one book everybody should read.
Its a constant thought at the back of my mind, if I start worrying about anything - is this the purpose of your life and if you continue to do what you are doing, how will you feel 10 yrs down the line?
Anyways there is no general answer for these questions , each person and each person's life is unique so I could continue to write a few pages and still don't conclude about the meaning of one's life.
I came across this very interesting site - Khan academy. The interesting thing is the person - SalmanKhan - provides online videos - like online classrooms. This guy is so learned and his effort is something which seems to make the technology we have meaningful and worthwhile. Imagine how many people are getting benefitted out of this . Some thing like this, which helps the other human beings and also gives the satisfaction for the person of achieving something - this is called as meaning for one's life in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment